Thursday, February 9, 2006

Na Provinciej, Warsaw, Poland



My last day in Warsaw. I had a plan to meet with my post-graduate schoolfriend from University of Ljubljana. David Bratoz (Bratož) is now working in Warsaw for a Slovenian pharmaceutical company Krka. Running the ever increasing sales here. The discussion is running about running that we do in sales. Day in, day out. He was also unable to spend last year's vacation. Coming directly from 35+ Rio to snowy Warsaw has finnaly gotten to me. I cought a mild cold and therefore I ordered the spiciest pizza - Volcano. Though the place Na Provincije itself did not help very much. Their ceiling ventilators were running at full speed - who knows why they do that in the middle of the winter? My Polish is starting to run and so is my Volcano pizza as I add substantial amount of Tabasco. The first round of Zywiec is also starting to run. Things are running here in Poland. Big market, high growth, a lot of competition. David insisted on covering the bill and offered me opportunity to cover it at the next beer drinking place - Lolek where we were running next. And if you want an express historical walkaround in Warsaw old town - David is a very good choice for that. Sales cycles in pharma are way shorter than in IT Middleware market. A lot more running. And boy was Warsaw ruined during WW II.
Zemanta Pixie

No comments: