Friday, February 3, 2006

Grill Plancha, Charles De Gaul Airport, Paris






On thursday 2.2. I've flown in from Pakistan.
Lahore - Karachi - Dubai - Vienna - Ljubljana.
Very dense fog over Ljubljana Airport.
We were circling above Ljubljana for almost an hour.
I was almost certain I will miss my next flight to Paris,
but I found out, once we landed, that the plane from Paris did not land in Ljubljana,
but went straight to Zagreb, because of the same fog.
"Our aircraft allows us to land when visibilty is at least 300m, but now it is only 200m" the pilot would explain us. We had fuel for about two more hours.
Since there was no plane to take us to Paris, we were rescheduled for late afternoon flight via Munich. this gave me enough time to go home, take a shower, change some luggage and get to see my daughter's 5th birthday. I love her so much.
Flight from Munich to Paris was also late and it would only give me very short time to catch the flight to Rio. And I would run .. run Forrest, run .. Terminal 2F ... Gate 49 .. Air France Boing 747-200 was at the gate .. but the gate was closed ..."I am sorry monsieur ... here are your vouchers for Hotel and Lunch tommorow ..." Well ... 24 hours in Paris ... hmm.
So here I am having lunch at Grill Plancha at the Airport ...
"Homeless" people wih vouchers come to eat here.
Meals are ... french, but not really. They are just to stuff you.
Cordon bleu, French beans and rice. I'll survive.
My thoughts are already in Rio.

No comments: